2.0 was a requirement for the
series of releases but support for
1.6.6+ was added in
- The minimum requirement for foobar2000 is now
- IMetadbHandle GetFileInfo has been updated so the previously
full_infoargument is not needed at all. Any supplied value will be ignored and the return value should always be valid.
Editor Propertiesin the main
Preferenceswill be reset as the component now uses a brand new storage mechanism built in to foobar2000.
- window.IsDark has been updated to report
64bitbuilds are now available.
Preferencesand all popup dialogs have been updated to support
Dark Mode. This depends on
Dark Modebeing enabled in the
Preferencesregardless of which user interface you use.
- The colours for the text edit area in the Configuration Window do not change
dynamically. If using
Dark Mode, try the new
- The IMetadbHandle interface has a new
FileCreatedproperty. Unlike the new
%file_created%, this is a timestamp.
- There is a new on_console_refresh callback and you can retrieve
Consolemessages using console.GetLines. Additonally, you can clear all messages with console.ClearBacklog.
- The on_main_menu callback last seen in the
2.xseries is back.
- Add utils.TextBox which
provides a multi-line text edit area. Note that it always throws an error when cancelled so you must use
- Add utils.Run.
- Add utils.RunCmdAsync and on_run_cmd_async_done.
- Add ITitleFormat EvalPlaylistItem. This is in addition to the ITitleFormat EvalActivePlaylistItem that existed previously.
- Various other improvements using new
Changes to clickable ratings (
These changes apply to the
3.1.x series of components only. As of
2.0 Beta 18
and component version
3.2.0, detecting and using
will be restored.
foobar2000 now has built in
Playback Statistics which makes
RATING stars in
JS Playlist and
Smooth Playlist previously relied on detection of that
component to determine whether to use
Playback Statistics or write file tags but since that is no longer
possible, the following changes have been made:
JS Playlistusers must configure the title formatting in the
RATINGcolumn to use
$meta(rating)for file tags. The script will detect which is in use when clicked. Note that the default is
Smooth Playlistusers must choose which to use from the right click menu under
Important note for current JS Playlist users
JS Playlist has had some internal changes made which means previous column/group settings will not
be retained if upgrading from an earlier version. Make a copy of any complex title formatting strings first.
Cover column and
Extra Rows options have both been removed.
$rgb title formatting should work
again. It seems that it was broken during the transition to
Existing users of these samples must re-import using the
Samples button. This is for bug fixes
and new functionality.
- Last.fm Artist Info + User Info (previously similar artists + charts)
- Text Display (This has had a major update to be more like the old
foo_textdisplaycomponent. It has full
$rgbsupport and can display coloured emoji if using
Windows 10or later.)
- Text Reader (Use this for displaying the contents of text files.)
- Spectrogram Seekbar
- Track Info + Seekbar + Buttons
- Track Info + Spectrogram Seekbar + Buttons
Spectrogram Seekbarsamples now save the cached images as
WebPwhich are much smaller. For existing users, it will make a one time offer to delete any existing
PNGfiles in your cache folder.
Smooth Browserhas some new add/send to playlist options:
basic\GetColourSchemesample for extracting the most dominant colours from an image has been updated with a
DetermineTextColourfunction to calculate whether to write black or white text depending on the luminance of the background. The code for this was actually taken from the
foobar2000 SDK (C++)and converted to
DetermineTextColourmethod used above has been used to improve the text colour used on selected items in the
Propertiessample has been updated to display the new
%file_created%field that is built in to foobar2000.
Autoplaylistssample has been removed.