It allows the creation of customisable panels that can be written with
C++ required by the foobar2000 SDK.
Under the hood, it uses
Windows Script Host. Because of this, JS language
support is limited to
ECMAScript 5. Nothing newer will ever be supported.
Here are just some of the features provided by the component...
- Custom drawing of text, external images, lines, rectangles, etc.
- Use fonts/colours from the main preferences of whichever user interface you are using.
- Executing main/context menu commands.
- Ability to create custom buttons/menus.
- Capture keystrokes/mouse movement/clicks.
- Callbacks can be used to trigger code based on foobar2000 events.
- Read/write file tags.
- Complete manipulation of playlists.
- Media Library display/sorting/filtering
- Save settings on a per panel basis. These persist between restarts
and are stored inside the layout configuration file for whichever UI your are using. You can also write your own functions to
load/save settings from
JSONor plain text files.
- Built in support for
GET / POSTrequests which return plain text and there is also a method for downloading binary files. If you prefer, you can use the
- There are many built in methods for working with the local filesystem, launching external applications etc. Previous
versions / other scripting components rely on
ActiveXobjects but the need for those is greatly reduced.
- And much more...